MSU Athletic Communications
BALTIMORE, Md. (April 22, 2022) ⏤ The Morgan State football team will host its annual spring game on Saturday afternoon, April 30.
The intrasquad game, which will pit the Bears offense against defense, is scheduled for 1 p.m. at Hughes Stadium.
The defense will be the orange team while the offensive team will be the white team. The format of the game will feature attack versus defense in scrimmage type situations. The #1 offense will go against the #1 defense while the second unit will go against each other.
No entry will be charged for the event.
Morgan State is set to kick off the 2022 campaign Aug. 30 at Georgia Southern.
• Attack in white, Defense in orange.
• It will be a 65+ game scrum including clearances and field goals
• The ball will start on the 25 to start play and then will start where each punt is just caught.
• The white score (attack) is normal
• The Orange score (Defence) is: 3 points for saves, 4 points for turnovers and 7 points for a touchdown.
• Four quarters with the first half in 15-minute quarters. Second half to be determined.
• Shots on goal from the field at the end of the first and third quarters.
• Car starts will be adjusted based on Head Coach decisions.
• No kickoff coverage or return.
• No half-time.
Follow Morgan State Football on Instagram (@msubearsfb) for photos, videos and stories straight from the team.
FOLLOW MORGAN STATE ATHLETICS IN CYBERSPACE
There are many ways to track MSU athletics in line and on the go:
• Visit www.morganstatebears.com, the official Bears Athletics website, for news, schedules, stats, biographies and more.
• Follow us on social networks:
Morgan State University, founded in 1867, is a Carnegie-ranked advanced research (R2) institution offering nearly 140 academic programs leading to degrees ranging from bachelor’s to doctoral degrees. As Maryland’s preeminent public urban research university and the only university to have its entire campus designated a National Treasure by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Morgan serves a multiethnic and multiracial student body and seeks to ensure that the doors of higher education are opened as wide as possible to as many people as possible. For more information about Morgan State University, visit www.morgan.edu.