Please read this message from Executive Dean Dr Cristy Page and Associate Dean Academic Affairs Dr Jennifer Wu regarding Spring Semester course formats.
We would like to thank each of you for your time and effort as we work together to tackle another difficult wave of COVID. You’re dealing with growing numbers of patients, absences, logistical challenges, as well as uncertainty about what to expect – and it’s no small feat.
Thanks for all you’ve done.
While many of us are involved in clinical care and research, it is important that we also keep our educational goals in mind. To this end, we wish to provide guidance at the dawn of the spring semester that draws on the most recent information provided by Chancellor Guskiewicz, Provost Blouin and Dr Barzin in light of the rise of the variant. omicron.
Our community includes a wide variety of learners and learning environments, and our main goal is to move forward with our mission and to do so safely. We have been in close communication with our Associate Deans and Senior Associate Deans, and would like to provide the following guidelines for spring semester plans:
- In-person instruction remains the default for all courses, including didactic courses.
- Consult with your respective associate or senior associate dean if a class or individual sessions are to meet virtually for a limited time, and please determine if (1) the remote option is important to your health or that of your students and (2) your material can be delivered efficiently.
- Donita Robinson for the Biological and Biomedical Sciences Program (BBSP)
- Beat Steiner for the MD program
- Stephen Hooper for Paramedical Sciences
- Classes may not go virtual for the entire semester.
- Clinical placements, regional campus placements, and laboratory experiences will continue as required by the program and / or site.
If you have any additional questions, please contact your Associate or Senior Associate Dean from the list above.
We will continue to monitor the progress of the COVID outbreak and we will stay in touch with any changes that occur. Thank you again for all you do to help your teammates, to help our learners and interns, and to keep our community safe during these difficult times.
Cristy and Jennifer
Executive Dean Dr Cristy Page
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Dr. Jennifer Wu