OnePlus has released the public beta of OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12, and you can install it right now. Like last year, the version is limited to the latest OnePlus phones, so if you have the OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro, you will be able to download the version and get a preview of all the features of Android 12.
So if you’re using the latest flagship from OnePlus and want to take a look at what Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 has in store, here’s how you can install the version right now.
How to install OxygenOS 12 (Android 12) on your OnePlus phone
The best way to install OxygenOS 12 on your OnePlus phone is to download the version to your phone and use the local upgrade option. This will allow you to upgrade to OxygenOS 12 without losing any data. Here’s how to do it:
VPN offers: lifetime license for $ 16, monthly plans for $ 1 and more
- Go to Message on the OnePlus OxygenOS 12 forum from your OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro.
- Download the OxygenOS 12 build. You can use these direct download links for the OnePlus 9 (Indian version), OnePlus 9 (global version), OnePlus 9 Pro (Indian version), and OnePlus 9 Pro (global version).
Once the file is downloaded, go to File manager.
- The file will be in the Downloads folder. Access the folder and Long press the file to select it.
- Press the action overflow menu (three vertical dots).
To choose Rename to delete the .pot from the end of the file. The construction should just include the .Zip *: French extension. Once done, press OK.
- Long press the file again and select To cut in the action overflow menu.
- To select Internal storage.
Select the Dough to paste the build into the root directory. The file must be in this directory for the local upgrade option to work. Once you’ve moved the file, go to settings to start the update.
- Go to Settings.
- Faucet System.
Faucet System updates.
- Press the Gear icon up and choose Local upgrade.
- The file you placed in the root directory will be displayed here. Select the file to start the local upgrade.
Hit Install now to manually install the public beta of OxygenOS 12 on your OnePlus phone.
It will take up to 10 minutes to install the version, and once it’s done, you will need to restart your phone. As this is a local upgrade, the existing data on your phone will still be intact after upgrading to OxygenOS 12. Once the phone boots into OxygenOS 12, navigate to the About the phone page in settings to make sure the build number is up to date.
Although OxygenOS 12 is technically a beta, the underlying version of Android 12 is the candidate version, so it shouldn’t be as buggy as the beta of Android 12 this year. Having said that, I wouldn’t recommend flashing the OxygenOS 12 version just yet on your daily driver; there may be a whole new set of bugs with this release. I’ve started building my OnePlus 9 and will be detailing all the new features in the next few days, so stay tuned.
We can earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.