SOUTH PLIAGE, Ind. – Notre Dame returns home to Alumni Stadium to host the Blue Demons of DePaul for a midweek game. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, September 6 and will be broadcast on ACCNX through WatchESPN.
THE DEPAUL SERIES
• The Irish and the Blue Devils will meet on the pitch for the 22nd time on Tuesday evening.
• The Irish hold a sizable lead in the all-time series, going 20-1-0 against DePaul.
• Notre Dame is a perfect 13-0-0 against the Blue Demons when playing Notre Dame.
• The last meeting between the two sides was on 1 October 2019, as the Irish picked up a thrilling 1-0 victory over the Blue Demons at the Alumni Stadium.
• Félicien Dumas scored a direct free kick five seconds from regulation time to give the Irish victory.
• The Irish outscored DePaul 90-6 overall.
LAST TIME OUT
• The Irish went away and beat Michigan State 3-2 at East Lansing.
• Notre Dame’s goals came with headers from Paddy Burns and Sebastian Green in the first half and an own goal from Michigan State in the second half.
• The Irish outscored the hosts 22-15 and dominated much of the game.
• Bryce Boneau picked up the first two assists of his career in the win.
• Saturday’s game at Indiana has been postponed due to bad weather.
• Of the 12 Notre Dame players who have started in two games this season, seven have been either freshmen or sophomores.
• Six Irish players made their college debuts in the season opener against Seattle.
• Of the 16 players who have seen the pitch, 10 are either sophomores or freshmen.
• Two of Notre Dame’s four goals and four of their five assists have come from freshmen or sophomores.
• Fourteen returning Irish players scored at least one point last season, as the team scored 86 points from last year.
• Ten players have scored one goal in the 2021 campaign, six of whom have scored multiple goals.
• Sophomore Matthew Roou is the 2022 team’s top returning scorer after scoring seven goals in his debut season.
#3 RANKED FRESHMAN CLASS IN THE COUNTRY
• The Irish welcome a freshman class of seven players to South Bend, ranked third in the country by TopDrawerSoccer.
• The class includes four players ranked in the IMG top 200, each ranking in the top 100.
• The seven players come from five states combined and one foreign country (Ghana).
• Kelvin Baffour (M), Daniel Boateng (M), Wyatt Borso (F), Owen Cornell (GK), Mitchell Ferguson (D), Sebastian Green (M) and Nicholas Legendre (F) make up the class.
• Notre Dame also welcome Mo Williams to the squad, a Seton Hall graduate transfer defender.
• The Irish are coming off one of their most successful seasons in program history.
• The 2021 team qualified for the College Cup for the second time in history and won the program’s first ACC tournament title.
• Notre Dame finished the season on an eight-game unbeaten streak, posting a 5-0-3 record over that span, all in the playoffs.
• The Irish have conceded just two goals in the last eight games of the year.
• Notre Dame defeated Duke in the ACC Tournament Finals to claim the crown. The Irish haven’t allowed a single goal in four ACC tournament games.
• The season ended in the College Cup semi-finals, as the Irish fell to Clemson on penalties (5-3) in Cary, North Carolina.