Here is a complete guide to how to convert EPS images to AI format on Windows 11 and Windows 10 computers. EPS (Encapsulated PostScript) is an image format that consists of images, drawings, layouts, text, and other graphics. It is a vector image format. AI (Adobe Illustrator Artwork) is also a vector graphics format, however, it is a proprietary format. The AI file format is generally used by professional graphic designers to generate logos, posters, banners, and many other designs.
Now if you want to convert EPS file to AI format, how to do? In this article, we are going to show you how to do EPS to AI conversion with step by step procedure. So, without further ado, let us check it out.
Can you convert EPS?
Yes, you can easily convert EPS to multiple formats on Windows 11/10 PC. There are many free software that allows you to convert an EPS file to formats like PNG, JPG, BMP, TIFF, PDF, and other formats. You can try software like GIMP, IrfanView or XnViewMP to convert EPS images on your PC. If you want to use a free online tool, you can try any of the online tools mentioned in this article. These online tools allow you to convert EPS to AI and many more advanced formats.
Which program opens an EPS file?
You can open and view an EPS file in various software in Windows 11/10. If you want a free one, you can try GIMP, Paint.NET using an external plugin, XnView MP, and IrfanView.
Convert EPS to AI Using These Free Online EPS to AI Converter Tools
You can use a free online tool that allows you to convert EPS to AI. There are many online tools that offer EPS to AI conversion functionality. To help you, we are going to mention some free online tools that you can use to convert EPS image to AI format online:
- ZigZag File
- You convert it
Let’s discuss these EPS to AI converter tools online in detail!
AnyConv is a free online EPS to AI converter tool. It is mainly a free online file converter which supports many respective file types and formats. You can easily convert a file from one format to another. It allows you to import your input EPS file and then convert it to AI format without any problem. Here are the main steps to perform the conversion:
- First, open a web browser and navigate to the AnyConv website.
- Now browse and select the source EPS image file from your local storage.
- Then select the output format as AI.
- After that click on Convert button and it will start processing your input EPS file and convert it to AI format.
- Finally, you can download the output AI file to your PC.
You can try it here.
Read: Adapter is a free image, audio and video converter for Windows
FileZigZag is a free online file converter that also supports EPS to AI conversion. Using it, you can convert not one but up to 10 EPS images to AI at a time. However, each file can have a maximum size of 50MB each. Besides AI and EPS, you can convert many more images with this online tool including PSD, ICO, PNG, HEIC, BMP, JPG, etc. Let’s see how you can use it to convert EPS to AI using it.
How to convert EPS to AI online using FileZigZag
Here are the steps you need to follow to perform the EPS to AI conversion:
- First, go to the FileZigZag website in your web browser.
- Now drop the source EPS images on its interface or browse and select the input images.
- After that, make sure the target format is set to AI.
- Then click the Start Convert button to quickly batch convert EPS to AI.
- You can download the resulting AI files individually or as a ZIP file.
It also provides a convenient feature to send the converted files to your email address.
Head to this website to use this online tool. You can also convert archive, eBook, audio, video, document and other files using it.
See: Best Free Photo to Sketch Software for Windows PC
3]You convert it
Try YouConvertIt to do hassle-free EPS to AI conversion online. It is also a file conversion tool which supports a large number of file formats for converting. You can convert EPS to AI and many other image formats including HTML, XHTML, PSD, SVG, JPG, ODP, etc. It allows you to convert an EPS image up to 100MB in size.
Here are the steps to convert EPS to AI online:
- First, launch a web browser and navigate to YouConvertIt’s website.
- Now drag and drop or browse and import an EPS image from your PC.
- Then select AI as the target format.
- After that, you need to verify the ReCaptcha to validate your identity and being human.
- Finally, click on the Convert button to start the process of converting EPS to AI.
Once the conversion is complete, you can download the resulting AI images.
Read: How to check and change the DPI of the image in Windows
ImageConvert is a free online website that allows you to convert EPS files to AI format. It provides image conversions as well as many image editing tools like crop images, compress images, resize images and sketch images. Using it, you can batch convert multiple EPS images to AI format simultaneously. Let’s see how!
How to batch convert EPS to AI online using ImageConvert
You follow the steps below to convert multiple EPS images to AI format at once:
- First, open this website in a web browser.
- Now drag and drop your source EPS images onto its interface.
- Then just press the Convert button to start the EPS to AI batch conversion process.
- Once the conversion is complete, you can download the resulting AI files to your PC.
To use this EPS to AI converter online, go to their website here.
As the name suggests, OnlineConvertFree is an online file converter that you can use for free. Besides several different file conversions, it also supports EPS to AI conversion. It allows you to convert at most two EPS files or any other file to other formats at a time. You can remove this limitation by purchasing his plan.
Here are the main steps to convert EPS to AI online:
- First, go to OnlineConvertFree’s website in any of your web browsers.
- Now choose the input EPS file you want to convert or just drag and drop the file on its interface.
- Then make sure the target format is set to AI.
- After that, press the CONVERT button to convert EPS to AI.
- Finally, download the output AI graphics to your PC.
Read: How to convert PNG to JPG without losing quality
MiConv is another online EPS to AI converter that you can use for free. It can be used to convert EPS to many other graphics formats including PSD, SVG, TIFF, PNG, PDF, etc. The good thing is that it supports batch file conversion. So, you can simultaneously convert multiple EPS image files to AI graphics format. Let’s see the steps to do it:
- First, go to the MiConv website in a web browser and make sure you are on its EPS to AI conversion page.
- Now import one or more EPS images using browse and select or drag and drop method.
- After that, click on the Convert button to start converting EPS to AI.
That’s it! When the conversion is finished, you can just download the output AI files and use them as you want.
This free online website can also be used to convert various other formats including spreadsheets, documents, presentations, audio, video, e-books, fonts, and other file types.
Convertio is an additional option to convert EPS images to AI format. It is a file converter tool that supports conversions of images, documents, audio, video, fonts, eBooks, presentations, and archives. You can easily input your EPS files into it and convert them to AI format. Besides AI, you can also convert EPS to various other formats like SVG, PNG, PSD, WEBP, JPEG, etc. You can follow the steps below to use it for EPS to AI conversion:
- First, open its website in your browser.
- Now select your source files from Local PC, URL, Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Then choose the target format as AI.
- After that, hit the Convert button and it will convert your files to AI format in a while.
You will be able to download and save the output after the conversion is complete.
See: How to convert JPEG and PNG image files to PDF on Windows
Is SVG the same as EPS?
SVG and EPS are two different vector image formats. SVG is an XML-based graphics format primarily used for icons and images suitable for websites. On the other hand, EPS is a programming and scripting format that is well suited for printing high quality documents and marketing graphics.
Hope this helps you!