2022 NBA All-Star Key Dates
• Jan. 27: All-Star starters announced
• February 3: All-Star reserves announced
• February 8: State Farm All-Star Saturday Night Entrants Announced
• February 10: All-Star Draft
• February 18-20: star weekend
the 2022 Clorox All-Star Rising Stars will feature an updated mini-tournament format this year at All-Star weekend in Cleveland.
Instead of Team World vs. Team USA (and previously Rookies vs. Sophomores), this year’s Rising Stars will feature three games between four teams of rookies, sophomores and, for the first time, NBA G League Ignite players.
The event will take place on Friday, February 18 (9 p.m. ET, TNT).
How it works
• A group of 28 players – 12 NBA rookies and 12 NBA sophomores, plus four NBA G League Ignite players – will be split into four teams. The group of NBA players will be chosen by the assistant NBA coaches. Ignite’s pool of players will be chosen by the NBA G League Head Coaches.
• Each team will be coached by a member of the NBA 75 the 2022 All-Star Game team and assistant coaches, who will draft their teams at an earlier date before the tournament. There will be one NBA G League Ignite player on each team.
• Each game will be played with a final target score, which means that a game will end with a successful field goal or free throw instead of an elapsed time. It will be a “Race to 75” to celebrate the league’s 75th anniversary season — Games 1 and 2 will be played until a team reaches 50 points; Game 3 will be played until a team reaches 25 points.
- Game 1: Team A versus Team B
- Game 2: Team C vs. Team D
- Game 3: Winner of game 1 vs winner of game 2
Clorox Clutch Challenge
• In addition, a timed shooting competition called Clorox Clutch Challenge will take place between games 2 and 3 of Clorox Rising Stars. A total of eight NBA and NBA G League Ignite players will be divided into four teams of two and will compete to take shots from five locations on the court linked to iconic shots made during the NBA playoffs .
• Each team will compete with a shared ball and its players must alternate shots so that no player shoots twice in a row. Team 1 has 1 minute and 30 seconds (1:30 countdown) to take a shot from each of the five locations in any order. Team 1’s time is then the scorer for Team 2. If Team 1’s time is 1:15, then Team 2 will have a 1:15 countdown to end the competition. Each team that sets a new standard sets the clock for the next team competing, and the fastest finisher will win the Clorox Clutch Challenge.
The lists for 2022 Clorox All-Star Rising Stars the teams will be announced later.
The NBA today announced a new format for the 2022 season. @Clorox Rising Stars, which will be played on Friday, February 18 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland as part of the NBA All-Star 2022.
Full version ➡️ https://t.co/pXhwYCLdlf
Presentation ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/V5JZJwZirZ
— NBA Communications (@NBAPR) January 25, 2022
> Official announcement
The NBA and its teams have a new paid scholarship program for undergraduate and graduate students. The program will provide HBCU students with the opportunity to gain real world knowledge and professional experience around basketball business and operations. Want to join the NBA Family? Apply today